The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 2: 7.5.2010 / Alpine TX to Cloudcroft NM

Sorry for the delayed postings. I've been out in the wilderness the last 3 days without any computer access and limited cell service.


These notes were typed on my iPhone, so please excuse.
352 miles for the day.


Came through Marfa TX, cool place. Better than I remember. Saw the fake Prada store between Marfa and the middle of no ware, it's an art thing (see photo).


Wasn't as hot as the first day, but still warm. Came up through New Mexico in Carlsbad. Had a little lunch in a small taquería and decided to head to Cloudcroft. Thought it would be a better destination than Roswell. Followed 3 other adventure motorcyclists (a KTM 990, Suzuki V-Strom 650 & my personal favorite a BMW f800gs).  Chatted w/ them @ a filling station and was invited to camp w/ them for the night (Thad, Frank & Tom).

Now it's Me & The Norm +3. Cloudcroft (elevation above 9,000 feet). Unbelievable ride in, except that I jumped my chain through the twistys and had to fix it on the side of the road. Luckily those guys were there to help out. Made it to the camp sight but ended up messaging around with the chain another 3 times. Next destination, a motorcycle shop to get a shiny new chain.

Typing notes on my iPhone in my tent while raining wearing my long johns cuz its cold up here. Dang, what a day! Can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment