The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For Starters





          Well... for all of you that don't know me, my name is Adam Gralewski (gruh.loo.skee). For the last 6 years, I have lived in Houston Texas and was working as a product designer for Hewlett Packard in their notebook design department. As of last month, I decided to leave my job in pursuit of something different, something more creative and something meaningful. Because I have yet to fully understand what those "somethings" are for myself, as of tomorrow morning, 08/04/2010, I will be heading out on a motorbike trip around the US in search of those meanings.
          For the next month I will be riding alone on my 2005 BMW f650gs (dual sport) motorbike. I have only a few destinations in mind (which I will get to later) so the majority of the trip will be spontaneous. Exciting right!?  
          I have packed only what I think I will need for the next month or so, a single bag of clothes, some camping gear, extra bike parts, etc.. Like I said, only what I think  I will need, the bare essentials.
          Oh, and before I forget... the blog's name. I'm sure you are wondering who or what is "The Norm"? Well, "The Norm" is what I call my motorbike. Usually people name their cars, bikes or boats after women, but in this case, "The Norm" is named after my great uncle Norman. He has ridden a motorbike around the world and across almost every continent. I named the bike after him as a tribute to him and all of his achievements. He is an original globe rider, and I admire him greatly.
          So... with questions to be answered, wanderlust in my blood and a full tank of gas, I set out on an adventure with only Me & The Norm.
         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment