The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

San Diego Bay Sailing (The Norm not included)


    A few nights ago I was eating dinner by myself at the Coronado Brewing Company just a few block from PJ's house. I ended up having a great conversation with a local gentlemen named Ross. He owns a yacht service business with accounts at multiple yacht clubs in the San Diego area. He offered to take me out on his own boat while I was in town if I wanted. As a part time recreational sailor myself, I knew not to pass up a day out on the water, especially in weather conditions like San Diego has to offer.

    So when Saturday afternoon rolled around Ross, his girlfriend and I set sail on his 1946 Gaff Catboat named Emily L. Wow! What a cool old boat. She had a very simple rig setup, a large cockpit, ample below deck quarters, a wide foot deck to move around on and a beautifully shaped sail. It was originally used as a fishing boat so you can definitely tell this boat had practicality in mind when it was originally designed.






    I had a great experience spending time out on the bay w/ my new friend. I've never had the opportunity to sail on such a unique boat before, thanks again for a great sail Ross, I'll be in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment