The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 3: Cloudcroft to Silver City (Lake Roberts)

263 miles for the day.

Typing Notes on iPhone again, please excuse. 2nd day camping w/ Thad, Frank & Tom. They have been awesome! Not only have they been really patient w/ my bike situation, I've picked up some good riding tips and knowledge from them as well, not to mention some friendships. 


Was on a ton of twisty's on the Geronimo Trail today. Had my chain replaced at Copper Country ATV & Cycle in Silver City. Those guys were great and super helpful. If anyone ever needs a moto part passing through SCNM, I recommend going to these guys first. Thad (KTM rider) has also used them in the past, so I know they are legit. 


Ended up riding North to a campsite at Lake Roberts. Beautiful twisty back country roads and scenery. Would have never been on these roads if I hadn't met the +3. I feel like I'm really starting to use the bike now. Couldn't always keep up w/ them though. They have a lot more riding experience than I do, but I did my best and kept it within my riding abilities. What have I been missing?, Texas is way to dang FLAT!



No comments:

Post a Comment