The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 7: Lake Havasu to Los Angles



Headed South from Lake Havasu around 8:00 am and followed the river.  Great scenery, road undulation and small river towns to peak my visual interest. 

Headed into California on HW 62. Passed through a boarder checkpoint and road through miles upon miles of desert. Pretty much a long, long, hot and boarding ride, except when I got stuck in the sand (see photo). I tried to ride a dirt trail that ran parallel to the highway, because of the boredom, but found out very quickly that it had about 8 inches of sand in some parts. Lesson learned, don't ride in the sand :) 

Passed through a few towns like 29 Palms and Joshua Tree but  didn't stop to look around, only gas. 

HW 62 merged into I-10 closer to LA. Rode through some heavy traffic and was glad to get off the bike. I'm currently couch crashing with a good friend from college, Jesse Daniels. He's also an Industrial Designer. Him and his girlfriend have been very hospitable and have made me feel very welcome. I think I will just enjoy LA for a few days before I head back on the road. 

My next plan is to ride the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) North up to Oregon. I'll keep everyone informed on when I start that journey. In the meantime, no more posts from LA.


No comments:

Post a Comment