The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!
The Norm: 14,110 Feet Above Sea Level!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 6: Gold Camp to Lake Havasu City

It's hot, really hot and therefore I've forgotten a few things today. Such as tracking my miles. I think it's somewhere around 350. If I can remember in the morning, I'll try and get a more exact figure.

Well, the day started out pretty decent before I hit the road. Made some much needed phone calls, blogged a bit and tinkered w/ The Norm.

Got on the road pretty late by my standards, 10 am. And was going fine until route 60 west past Pheonix. Construction for miles and miles. I was so hot in all my gear, w/o any air flow and stuck behind the worst drivers. There is a name for them, the Obliviouts. I've told myself to prepare for good times and bad. This was one of those bad ones.

Finally made it out of that mess and found some peace out on the open road. Found my way to a small town called Wikieup. There Since I still have some adventure left in me from the last few days, I decided to get off the beaten path a back to some dirt. Chicken Springs Road was what I found. About 50 miles of sand and gravel through the AZ desert. About 25 of those miles was standing up. Needless to say, this made up for all the shit I went through earlier in the day.

After all that dust, all I could think about was water. So what better place to head than Lake Havasu! A few hours later, I found myself swimming in the cool water w/ an amazing mountainous view all around.

Camping for the night, but might have been the wrong move. Was 108 degrees when I rolled into Lake Havasu, now it hasn't even dropped below 80. It's going to be an early morning, I can already tell. Sweat will be my alarm clock tonight.

3 comments:

  1. dude i will be in san diego next week! if you make it that far come hang out! pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. pete just told me of your adventure. it's awesome. like seriously awesome. are you gonna visit the salt flats on your trip? or yosemite?

    ReplyDelete